Website Security and Secure eCommerce Websites
Security, in a world where website hackers and internet criminals will stop at nothing to steal the information your customers may provide you, is of the utmost importance for your eCommerce website and online store. When processing credit cards through an eCommerce website or when personal information is being entered, it is a must to have a strong security strategy and the proper safeguards in place. Using SSL, a secure server, is the best way to protect your website and the information transferring through it. Our secure servers use 128 bit encryption. Encryption means the data is transferred in code so if anyone intercepts the message it will not be readable.
Secure websites contain a "lock" icon at the bottom of the page or in the address bar. The lock is circled in the image below. Remember, the lock will only appear if you are on a page that contains sensitive information, such as a checkout page or when entering personal information. Just because the lock does not appear through out the entire shopping process, doesn't mean the eCommerce website is not secure.
- Why and When to Use a Custom Content Management System
- Importance of Data for Powering Your eCommerce Site
- Managing Your E-commerce Website
- Website Redesign & Content for SEO
- What is E-commerce & How Does It Work?
- E-commerce Web Design and Search Engines
- E-commerce Website Features
- eCommerce Keyword Research Explained
- SEO Tactics & Star Wars
- 6 SEO Things Google Loves
- 8 Things Google Hates
- Tips for Creating a Social Media Campaign
- Bing's Growing Market Share & Google Local Search Results
- eCommerce Website Security
- Planning for Your Website
- eCommerce Website Cost: Pricing Your Site
- eCommerce Redesign Process
- How To Be The Best SEO Client
- Processing Credit Cards
- PCI Compliance
- Search Engine Basics & Search Engine Optimization
- Website Marketing & Web Promotion
- Pay-Per-Click Advertising & Website Marketing
- What is Website Hosting, and Who Should I Use?
- What is the Website Development Process?
- Google Page Rank
- Professional Web Design -What's the Difference?
- Choosing a Web Design Company
- Choosing a Search Engine Optimization Company
- What is Flash and How Does it Work?