WordPress Pricing: How Much Does It Cost to Design a WordPress Website in 2024?
If you’re looking to build a WordPress website you’re probably wondering “How much do WordPress website design services cost?” and “How does WordPress website pricing work?”
WordPress is a widely used platform. In fact, around 70% of all websites are powered by WordPress.
How does this affect pricing? There are a ton of companies that offer WordPress website design services and a wide array of options.
It’s important to know what you’re getting into because not all WordPress websites are the same. That’s very important to know. Depending on who builds the website, what plug-ins they use, and how they plan to support it, you could end up with a very different product from one agency to the next.
A quick breakdown of pricing factors to consider are below:
The Biggest Factors That Affect WordPress Website Design Pricing Include:
- Design Style / Difficulty of Design
- Front-End Development Complexity
- Custom Features Needed
- Data Imports / Data Integrations
- Number of Plug-Ins To Be Installed
- Content Migration
- Amount of Pages on The Website
- eCommerce Capabilities
Will Wordpress Design and Develop Your Website?
WordPress is simply the software that powers the website. WordPress offers paid plans, upgrades, and more, but they do not design, program, and customize your website for you. For that, you’ll need a WordPress website design company to help out. There are websites that list out some of the best WordPress developers, but for the most part, those are paid positions so really the best place to find someone to build the site to do a Google search.
WordPress Website Design Pricing
If we’re looking at the basics, WordPress usually runs you about $15-$50 per month in ongoing costs. This is simply for your domain, hosting, SSL, and other essentials. You’ll also want to consider the following additions:
- Custom Design: If you hire an agency the cost can vary, but usually range anywhere from $1,000-$10,000 for design.
- Custom Development: If you need custom programming, unique features, data integrations or more these can start at a few thousand dollars and easily be $25,000+ if you need extensive development.
- Plug-Ins: WordPress is great because it has a lot of well-made plug-ins. Each plug-in has its own fee and pricing structure, but they are usually fairly cheap on a monthly basis.
- Marketing: If you want to rank high in the search engines and drive leads or sales you’ll need paid search marketing or WordPress SEO services. Depending on the type of agency you hire (overseas or US-based) you can pay anywhere between $250-$5000 per month on average.
- Hosting: 95% of WordPress websites are spending under $20 per month for hosting. If you have a large website and need dedicated hosting these fees could be up to $400 per month.
Quote Request - eCommerce Website Quote
General quote request form for all services
Wordpress Agency Pricing (US vs Overseas Outsourced)
WordPress is known for its large pool of developers. There are developers all over the world and some charge $5 an hour while others, typically in the USA, will charge $150. What’s the difference? It really comes down to how they’ll put the website together. Often a bunch of plug-ins can create problems. One plug-ins doesn’t work with another, they are not updated and things break. If your developer simply load up a bunch of plug-ins for you chances are you won’t be very happy with your WordPress website. Also, communicating with your agency is something to consider. If you’re an established business and your website is very important to you, you’ll want to hire a US based WordPress agency that can support your need, communicate with you clearly and make sure you don’t run into issues. We’ve seen far to many WordPress projects is disarray that need rebuilt or heavily modified so that they could perform as intended.